Here are the things that I have made so far, followed by a score:
This recipe was on the very back of the crockpot manual, and I magically had everything that was required, such as rice, eggs, sugar, and other stuff. Also, it only took 4 hours!
- Had all of the stuff
- Only took 4 hours
- Sounds delicious
- Looked kinda gross
BOSTON BAKED BEANS:
This recipe was also in the crockpot instruction manual.
- Used some of the dry beans I bought while drunk shopping
- Used some of the ham hocks I had in my freezer for some reason
- Contains bacon
- I actually ate it all!
- Took 2 hours to soak the stupid beans, then 12 hours to cook
- Ham hocks disintegrated into little chunks of bone that hurt my teeth
- Made my kitchen smell kind of funny
POT OF RANDOM CRAP I FOUND IN MY FREEZER:
The allure of the crockpot is the ability to whip up a mean stew or hearty dish of goodness from scratch, using what resources are available to you. This was my first attempt.
- Used two bags of freezer-burned veggies that I was probably never going to use
- Used the last of the mysterious ham hocks
- Used 4 potatoes and 2 onions of indeterminate age
- I got to pretend I was a cook by pouring spices and junk into a pot
- I spilled a bunch of it
- Turned out gross
- Accidentally left it in my work fridge and now am scared to open it
Thus, the average score of my crockpot thus far is a 4.